EcoMod custom training programs are customer focused. In partnership with your institution, we create a unique course to meet the demand for skilled modelers. Building in-house expertise in quantitative analysis helps you to understand complex issues and to make better policy decisions.
When we collaborate with organizations to design custom programs, we draw on the core EcoMod approaches of a practical and intensive approach to model building. The course content and methodology:
- covers software and modeling
- is fully practical
- promotes personal skill building
- is step-by-step
EcoMod works with international institutions, government agencies, and global corporations using economic models to get both accurate quantitative estimates and new insights on complex issues, achieving optimum results. The types of models available for capacity building include:
- Accounting & regression models
- Input/output models
- Computable general equilibrium models
- Macro-econometric models
- Vector autoregressive (VAR) models
- Intertemporal macro-econometric models
- Intertemporal general equilibrium models
- Dynamic stochastic general equilibrium models
- Overlapping generations models
- Micro-simulation models
- Optimization models
- Financial models
- Actuarial models
- Regional and urban models
Models are used in a wide variety of areas including:
- Policy, impact, scenario analysis.
- Forecasting and projections.
- Public Finance
- Labor market, income distribution
- Regional issues and policies
- Structural changes
- Social security, ageing
- International trade
Please contact us to learn more.