Tax Revenue Modeling Using Econometric and Microsimulation Techniques with EViews and Stata
Taxes are the main source of revenue for the government in most countries. They also produce considerable distortions in the decision of economics agents and create major allocative and distributional impacts.
Given the importance of taxes in economic life and in government policies and budget, it is crucial to properly model them. This course uses econometric modeling with EViews and microsimulation modeling with Stata.
- Fundamental concepts and indicators in macroeconomics building the database for such models,
- Macroeconomic environment and taxes
- Econometric tax revenue forecasting
- Practical part: A Tax Forecasting with EViews
- Introduction to Microsimulation Modelling
- Microsimulation Modelling for Policy Analysis
- Microsimulation Modes for Personal Income Tax (PIT) and social security contributions (SSC)
- Exercise in static microsimulation model for PIT and SSC
The course is fully practical. Theoretical explanations are followed by individual hands-on exercises on the computer. Please bring your laptop.
The fee for the course is US$3,425. This includes course materials, lectures, computer labs, morning and afternoon coffee breaks, receptions.
University students and staff get a discount of 25 percent of the above mentioned amount. Please send (by email:firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: +1 413 517 0900) a copy of your student or staff card.
Institutional group rates are available for two or more persons attending during the same course period. Please inquire.
EcoMod offers a limited number of partial scholarships to candidates from developing countries and transition economies. To submit your application, please click here. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is two months before the beginning of the course.