Introduction to Macroeconometric Modeling using EViews
The course will introduce all the basic tools for constructing and implementing medium-scale macroeconometric models for policy analysis.
Download the textbook “Structural Econometric Modeling: Methodology and Tools” written by Jean-Louis Brillet, the course instructor.
By the end of the course the participants will have acquired detailed knowledge of and extensive hands-on experience in:
- the use of EViews,
- econometrics with EViews,
- the structure of macroeconometric models,
- building the database for such models,
- estimating and calibrating the models,
- implementing the model on the computer using EViews,
- formulating scenarios and running policy simulations,
- reporting and interpreting the results.
The fee for the course is US$2,760. This includes course materials, lectures, computer labs, morning and afternoon coffee breaks, receptions.
University students and staff get a discount of 25 percent of the above mentioned amount. Please send (by email: email@example.com or by fax: +1 413 517 0900) a copy of your student or staff card.
Institutional group rates are available for two or more persons attending during the same course period. Please inquire.
EcoMod offers a limited number of partial scholarships to candidates from developing countries and transition economies. To submit your application, please click here. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is two months before the beginning of the course.